Rules of Conduct

Moderator: soldierblade

Rules of Conduct

Postby Excalibur » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:28 pm

Welcome to the PSD forum.

Before we get started, there are a few ground rules everyone must follow.

1.) First of all, everyone is expected to be respectful to other members. For most of us, this is common sense, but there are always those people who weren't raised right. There will be NO tolerance of profanity directed at another member or vulgar insults. Just avoid personally attacking another member and we should all get along fine. If you feel insulted, take a breather rather than retaliating. Chances are, the person didn't intend to insult you in the first place.

2.) No lewd conduct or sexual harassment is permitted. There are plenty of sites for "hooking up" with members of the opposite sex. This isn't one of those.

3.) In order to avoid conflict, there will be no discussion of politics or religion. Personally, I love discussing both -- however, folks online tend to be a lot more brave (*see "rude") behind a keyboard and say things they would never say to a person's face. I have never seen an online conversation concerning these topics end in anything but a flame war. Therefore, these topics will not be allowed.

4.) Blatant discussion of warez will not be allowed. This is somewhat subjective in my view, so here are some guidelines: No discussing or posting links to isos, roms, etc. for any system where the parent company is actively maintaining their intellectual property. For example: XBOX 360, PS3, Wii, and some others. Discussing such things for older systems will be allowed on a case-by-case basis, (In general, systems more than 10 years old). However, posting or requesting links to isos, roms, etc. will not be allowed. I reserve the right to alter this policy as needed.

5.) Last but not least, this is a forum owned, operated, and paid for out of the administrator's pocket. Therefore, the admin reserves the right to warn or ban trolls as fitting. In case a person feels they should be able to say or do as they please, they need to wake up. Unless they pay the hosting fees, they don't make the rules. Everyone has the freedom to speak truth here, but there is no such thing as freedom to lie about (*see "slander" & "libel"), or degrade another person. This goes back to rule #1. Be respectful of others. If one chooses to ignore these simple rules, they should expect to be put on moderator review or banned, and may have their post deleted.

Thank you and enjoy your time here at psilocybindreams.com, now also dreamcastbrowsers.com!
Excalibur
Site Admin

Return to Super Nintendo